I have been asked by many of my readers as to what is wrong with their plant because the
- The plant does not have flowers or the flowers wither before blooming
- The plant got infected or there are white spots visible on the plant
- The plant looks unhealthy and is drying up very quickly
To solve the above problems we will have to first identify their causes:
Whenever you buy plants from any plant nursery/ seller, please understand that those plants have been supplemented with lots of chemical fertilizers. It is because of these chemical fertilizers that you see those wonderful flowers blooming and many a buds on the plant. The effect of these chemical fertilizers stays for about 1-3 months. Now what happens once you have bought these plants:
- The chemical fertilizers have killed all the microbes present in the soil. The soil is now devoid of any nutrients.
- To this plant you have not added any fertilizer/compost.
- With no nutrients available, the plant first stops flowering. Then slowly it develops a weak immunity to resist pests and other diseases.
- The plant either gets infected or it just dries up.
Once you have bought the plant, immediately while potting it, add Organic Compost to it. For initial 6 months keep adding compost, every month, to the soil. Once you have added organic compost for 6 months the soil has abundant supply of nutrients. You will see the plant flowering as well as being healthy. It will now have a very strong immune system and it will fight any pest on its own. You will not need any pesticide or insecticide. After 6 months you can add compost once in 2 months and then gradually after a year, once in 3 months. I sincerely request you, please do not use any chemical fertilizers for your plant!
I hope this answers your questions. If not, please do contact me here.