Over a period of time I have spoken a lot about organic composting and even experimented a lot with them. Here’s a quick recap to all the Composting Ideas!
- Cow Dung & Cow Urine always stand at number one position when it comes to compost. To read more about application of manure click here.
- Dry leaves are the second best option as they are carbon-rich! To know more about how to use dry leaves as manure click here.
- Potassium and Phosphorous are the two vital minerals required for flowering and fruiting. Use all the fruit and vegetable peels from your kitchen. You can also add ash if you find it. To know more about plant requirements click here.
- To keep them safe from pests keep them well nourished! A well nourished plant has a good resistance towards pests and rarely gets infected.
- Another most crucial thing, to keep the plants safe from pest, is to grow them in right season. I’ll soon come up with an article on seasonal and Perennial Plants!
- Mulching is the best way to keep the soil hydrated and prevent it from developing cracks and losing nutrients. To know more about mulching click here.
One thought on “Inexpensive Gardening – Part 3 – Compost”