Before creating a Garden, it is very essential that we ask ourselves, what type of Garden do we want? A lot of time things go wrong only because we do not have a definite idea as to which type of Garden we are about to set up.
To decide which type of Garden you want to set up, you’ll have to take into consideration the following aspects:
- Your likes and preferences
- Area available for Gardening
- Climate and Season
- Availability of Sunlight
- Amount of time you are willing to dedicate for Maintenance
A type of Garden is important because it tells us:
- Which type of plants we will be planting
- Which type of containers will we require to grow these plants
A few examples of different types of Garden are:
- Aesthetic Garden
- Kitchen/Vegetable Garden
- Medicinal Garden
- Perennial flowering Garden
- Seasonal flowering Garden
- Indoor Garden
- Nocturnal Garden
Every type has further sub-types to it. For example, you decide to set up a vegetable garden. The next question is which type of vegetable garden?
- Is it going to be leafy vegetables like spinach, fenugreek, Dill, etc or
- Are you going to set up stem and root veges like potato, onion, radish, carrot, etc or
- Will you be having Climbers and Creepers like gourds and peas or
- All of them.
So the point I am trying to make is, You should have a definite idea as to which Garden are you setting up!
Once you have decided on this, we can go our next segment, i.e Garden Arena!
If you need any help on deciding the type of Your Garden, contact me here.