If you are just starting your Garden or you have been Gardening for quite sometime now, there are few truths about Gardening that I want you all to know about:
- Plants die: Yes, Plants die. Sometimes its your fault and sometimes, its not. I always try to explain in my Gardening Workshops – the reasons that could have caused a plant’s death. The fact is sometimes there is no reason. Plants are living beings and they die after sometime.
- You won’t always get expected/desired results: This is true especially with kitchen Gardening. There are so many things that can go wrong. Sometimes the seeds don’t germinate. Sometimes the plants lack nutrition, sometimes its the sunlight and other times the pollination and above all wrong season or unexpected rainfall…. Things happen! So long as we enjoy process and are not focused only on the results, we are good to go!
- Your Garden won’t always look like an Instagram/Pinterest Pic: Yes, you read it right. There are days when your Garden looks no less than a heaven.. the perfect beauty … But then there are days where there are no flowers.. No fruits… The leaves are yellow…
- You’ll make mistakes: No matter how long you have been Gardening.. You will make mistakes.
- Nothing called “NO MAINTENANCE”: While I can agree on the term “low maintenance”, there is nothing called “no maintenance”. If its your plant, you got to take care of it.