Plants are living beings and you ought to care for them! Having said that, it should not deter you from experimenting. Making mistakes is one of the ways to learn. Don’t be scared to experiment… Here are few things you should always keep trying..
- Potting plants in different ways
- using different kinds of pots
- adding different types of compost
- making your compost in many different ways
- moving your pots (plants) around.. from full sunlight to partial sunlight to shade.. and vice versa.
- watering in different quantities to know the optimum quantity of water required..
- watering in different ways like drip watering, watering once in a day or watering twice in a day
- pruning at different stages
- Buying different kind of plants… trying all kinds of plants for your garden
- trying to grow different plants/veges/herbs at home.
Don’t be scared… This is how we all learn… its OK if your plant dies… Don’t be hard on yourself… The only thing that matters is you being involved with your plants.
Happy Gardening 🙂
Let me know your reasons for gardening in the comment section below!!
I know it sounds and looks weird…. but we do need a reminder every now and then…
Especially after a beautiful flower series… This is a mandatory post.
Don’t buy plants only for their aesthetic appeal.. Don’t force them to look a particular way. They have their individuality like you have yours. They don’t have to look the way you have imagined it to be. One single flower is as beautiful as a bunch of 15-20 flowers. A plant serves more purpose than just producing flowers. Don’t force the plant to produce excessively by adding excessive chemical fertilizers. Treat a plant like your child!
Happy Gardening 🙂
Now that we know flowers help attract bees, butterflies and birds; let’s get a bit more specific about what kind of flowers. We also discussed about single petaled flowers being better than the double petaled ones.
- The next thing is to incorporate as many colors as possible. Its true that colorful flowers attract bees and butterflies more than the usual white flowers.
- Also add as many different variety of flowers as possible. Fruit vegetables are a great option too.
- Prefer both Bunch flowers like Ixora and Pentas as well as individual flowers like hibiscus.
Pink Ixora flower bunch
- Have flowers for all the seasons.
- Go 100% organic.
Would love to follow you guys on Twitter. Please do leave a link to your twitter profile in the comment section below!
We discussed about creating and designing your Garden.. Now let’s examine all your apprehensions, concerns and issues related to Gardening!
Are you worried that the plants would dry up when you’re out on a business tour or vacation?
Are you worried about your relocation which is expected very soon?
Are you worried about water dripping through the pots?
Are you bothered that the plants might attract insects/pests?
Or is it about the water crunch that happens every summer?
Or is it about one of your not-so-good past experience?
What is it? Please leave your concerns in the comment section below. Together We will definitely find a solution!!
Here’s a quick insight into what is in store for you guys from 21st July!
Day 1 : We will discuss about different types of Gardens and factors to consider before choosing your Garden!
Day 2: We start with Window Grilles! We begin with different types of Gardens that can be created on our Window Grilles!
Day 3: We’ll discuss other open spaces like Terrace and Balcony!
Day 4: How to pot Your Plants! (If you’re wondering why do you need to pot your plant, click here)
Day 5: Vertical Garden and Indoor Gardens!
Day 6: Not so soon…!!! I am not revealing everything! 😉